Natasha “yeah I don’t have any super-powers so beefy American dude just do me a favor and throw me up in the fucking air because I want to wrassle me an alien (and don’t forget I figured out the big misogynistic baddy’s plan by playing him like a chump and later literally punched some sense into our brainwashed team member lol call me when you need somebody to close the trans-dimensional portal to fucking OUTER SPACE)” Romanoff
Why I Love Black Widow
In honour of Widow Week!
I went back and forth on whether to write this, since it’s pretty personal. But then I thought, why not.
Black Widow saved my life.
Specifically, MCU!Black Widow saved my life, but I owe just as much to 616!Widow.
I’ll get the fun stuff out of the way first. I went to see Avengers at the midnight premiere for a friend’s birthday. I wasn’t really a big MCU fan, X-Men was my thing. I hadn’t read the comics.
This is a summary of my thought process while watching:
- Natasha tied to a chair, bet there’s a Whedon subversion coming up- yes, there it is. Awesome.
- Oooh, she snarks. I like snark.
- Interrogating Loki, go girl.
- Hawkeye was supposed to kill her then changed his mind? Intriguing.
- Did Loki just say what I think he said? Great, sexualised violent threats, this is not okay- OH SHE WAS PLAYING HIM THAT’S AWESOME.
- She and Hawkeye seem to be really close partners with a lot of history. I think I ship it.
- FUCK, I SHIP IT.
- Yeah, girl, go kill those Chitauri and save the world.
From there I fell head first into fic, then I sought out comics, and well, here I am, a diehard Black Widow fan.
Now I’m going to say why she saved my life.